4.1. 08-19-2018 v. 2.1.1¶
- Fix compile error on FreeBSD where fastnumbers’ “string.h” shadowed the system “string.h”.
- Add a high-level description of the fastnumbers algorithm in the documentation.
4.2. 08-03-2018 v. 2.1.0¶
- Fix bug in converting unicode numbers on Python 3.7.
- Restructure code base, hopefully improving simplicity.
- Speedup of conversions of ASCII-like unicode in Python 3.
- Speedup of conversions for large integers and large floats - fastnumbers should now be at least as fast as built-in functions.
4.3. 07-01-2018 v. 2.0.5¶
- Fix bug in
fast_realthat resulted in an
OverflowErrorwhen given very large int-like floats.
- Source files are sorted before compilation.
4.4. 05-18-2018 v. 2.0.4¶
- Fix install error on old versions of setuptools.
4.5. 05-14-2018 v. 2.0.3¶
- Reorganized testing and development infrastructure.
- Add bumpversion infrastrucutre.
- Development dependencies are now defined using Pipfile.
4.6. 11-11-2017 v. 2.0.2¶
- Updated docstrings.
- Improved timing documentation.
- Added testing for Python 3.7.
4.7. 04-30-2017 v. 2.0.1¶
- Fixed bug in decimal digit limit on GCC.
4.8. 04-30-2017 v. 2.0.0¶
- Dropped support for Python 2.6.
- Added support for Python 3.6 underscores.
- Added drop-in replacements for the built-in
- Incorporated unit tests from Python’s testing library to ensure that any input that Python can handle will also be handled the same way by
- Added Appveyor testing to ensure no surprises on Windows.
- Revamped documentation.
- Refactored internal mechanism for assessing overflow to be faster in the most common cases.
4.9. 04-23-2016 v. 1.0.0¶
- “coerce” in
fast_realnow applies to any input, not just numeric; the default is now True instead of False.
- Now all ASCII whitespace characters are stripped by fastnumbers
- Typechecking is now more forgiving
- fastnumbers now checks for errors when converting between numeric types
- Fixed bug where very small numbers are not converted properly
- Testing now includes Python 2.6.
safe_*functions (which were deprecated since version 0.3.0)
- Fixed unicode handling on Windows.
- Fixed Python2.6 on Windows.
4.10. 03-19-2016 v. 0.7.4¶
- Added the “coerce” option to fast_real.
4.11. 03-08-2016 v. 0.7.3¶
- Newline is now considered to be whitespace (for consistency with the builtin float and int).
4.12. 03-07-2016 v. 0.7.2¶
- Fixed overflow bug in exponential parts of floats.
4.13. 02-29-2016 v. 0.7.1¶
- Fixed compilation bug with MSVC.
- Added “key” function to transform invalid input arguments.
4.14. 01-18-2016 v. 0.7.0¶
- Broke all functions into smaller components, eliminating a lot of duplication.
- Sped up functions by eliminating an unnecessary string copy.
- Improved documentation.
4.15. 11-01-2015 v. 0.6.2¶
- Fixed bug that caused a SystemError exception to be raised on Python 3.5 if a very large int was passed to the “fast” functions.
4.16. 10-29-2015 v. 0.6.1¶
- Fixed segfault on Python 3.5 that seemed to be related to a change in the PyObject_CallMethod C function.
- Sped up unit testing.
- Added tox.ini.
4.17. 10-27-2015 v. 0.6.0¶
- Fixed issue where giving a default of None would be ignored.
- Added the “nan” and “inf” options to
fast_float. These options allow alternate return values in the case of nan or inf, respectively.
- Improved documentation.
- Improved testing.
4.18. 06-11-2015 v. 0.5.2¶
- Fixed compile error Visual Studio compilers.
4.19. 06-04-2015 v. 0.5.1¶
- Solved rare segfault when parsing Unicode input.
- Made handling of Infinity and NaN for
fast_forceintconsistent with the
4.20. 05-12-2015 v. 0.5.0¶
- Made ‘default’ first optional argument instead of ‘raise_on_invalid’ for conversion functions.
- Added ‘num_only’ option for checker functions.
4.21. 05-03-2015 v. 0.4.0¶
- Added support for conversion of single Unicode characters that represent numbers and digits.
4.22. 04-23-2015 v. 0.3.0¶
- Updated the
fast_*functions to check if an overflow loss of precision has occurred, and if so fall back on the more accurate number conversion method.
- In response to the above change, the
safe_*functions are now deprecated, and internally now use the same code as the
- Updated all unit testing to use the
hypothesismodule, which results in better test coverage.
4.23. 09-03-2014 v. 0.2.0¶
- Added a ‘default’ option to the conversion functions.
4.24. 08-12-2014 v. 0.1.4¶
- Fixed bug where ‘.’ was incorrectly identified as a valid float/int and converted to 0. This bug only applied to the
- The method to catch corner-cases like ‘.’, ‘+’, ‘e’, etc. has been reworked to be more general… case-by-case patches should no longer be needed.
4.25. 08-12-2014 v. 0.1.3¶
- Fixed bug where ‘e’ and ‘E’ were incorrectly identified as a valid float/int and converted to 0. This bug only applied to the
4.26. 08-12-2014 v. 0.1.2¶
- Fixed bug where ‘+’ and ‘-‘ were incorrectly identified as a valid float/int and converted to 0. This bug only applied to the
- Fixed bug where ‘safe_forceint’ did not handle ‘nan’ correctly.
4.27. 08-11-2014 v. 0.1.1¶
- ‘fastnumbers’ now understands ‘inf’ and ‘nan’.
4.28. 08-10-2014 v. 0.1.0¶
- Initial release of ‘fastnumbers’.